Which monitor-viewsonic 20.1 or dell 24 inch wide

mb66 14:50 14 Oct 2005

I am just about to purchase a system with a reasonable spec (X2 4400, 7800gtx graphics and 2gb ram) and looking at monitors - was going to go for a dual 19inch setup but wonder if I would get the best from the graphics card - narrowed it down to Viewsonic V201b or dell 2405FP widescreen which is on offer at the moment - any thoughts or experiences with either would be appreciated,thanks.

Kate B 15:03 14 Oct 2005

I've got the Dell - it's magnificent. And given how fantastic it is, it's a bargain at the price. Once you've worked (or played games) on a 24" monitor you'll wonder how you ever coped before.

mb66 17:17 14 Oct 2005

Thanks Kate B - did you get the optional sound bar - figured it might be useful for alternative playstation use...?

rickylea 23:54 14 Oct 2005

I have the Viewsonic.awsome monitor, games pop out at you.

But to be honest, I dont think theres much difference between the two (except size)I think you will be very happy with either one.

Save some money a go for the Viewsonic :)

Kate B 12:18 15 Oct 2005

No, the optional sound bar wasn't an option when I bought it!

If you've got the dosh, buy the Dell. You won't regret it.

mb66 23:06 17 Oct 2005

thanks for responses - went for the dell in the end - the extra connectivity means I can clear some living room clutter by putting the kids' playstation through it too!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?