Which Laptop should i buy?!

Bhav 15:10 02 Mar 2006

Hi,

Hope someone can help me with this, I’m at a total loose end as to which laptop I should buy, I have heard that Toshiba make good lasting laptops but not quite sure if it’s true.

Firstly I would tell you what type of work I would be using the laptop for. So you can suggest the best one for me to buy.

A: I would be using the laptop for creating digital artefacts, ranging from websites to graphic, simple animation, audio manipulation etc. Basically for creating multimedia items.

B: I would be using software’s created by Adobe (Photoshop, Illustratoretc…)as well as Macromedia (Flash, DreamWeaver etc…), therefore I would need a laptop which would run effectively when two or three software’s are being used. Which I believe would require large storage space?.

C: The laptop also needs to be able to burn CD and DVD’s as well as have few UBS ports as I would like to transfer my work with less hassle (zip, floppy).

D: Large screen would be preferably so I can clearly see what I’m creating and which I guess would also give me some movement space.

D: Budget well I have not set it as yet, as I don't know what is out there so any suggestions would help.

So if you have had the patience to get this far thank you and if you have any suggestions at all it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Bhav

anskyber 15:17 02 Mar 2006

I cannot speak for others but I have had three trouble free years from my Toshiba laptop. (kiss of death!)

Dellman 10:15 03 Mar 2006

Dell have some good offers at the moment....

Pamy 16:47 04 Mar 2006

Look at Aldi(the supermarket store)

BlackBerry 11:04 06 Mar 2006

Toshiba is like magic and I mean it!
I had mine for 3 and a half years now..and I never hard a problme with it. it rarely crashes either. and I do use it for some heavy stuff, a lot of site design using photoshop + ftping and other internet software..

the only thing I had with it, is that it needed cleaing from the inside, bz of the dust it made the laptop heat up and shut down. This happened 3 years later from buying..and once I sent it for cleaning - problem was gone!!

Toshiba is the best!!!!!!!
:)

Mr Frost 12:03 06 Mar 2006

I bought a Packard Bell Centrino about 3 months ago and it is top class. They guy on ebay is still selling them.

click here

rmcqua 12:11 06 Mar 2006

Good suplier, nice machine, more than capable of doing what you want:

click here

bm.bilgic 13:54 09 Mar 2006

Some friends have bought Toshiba and most of them has problem with their wireless

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?