Which laptop processor?

Jambo99 11:20 10 Apr 2008

I'm currently looking at buying a new laptop which will primarily be used for office applications however I want to try and make sure that it is fairly future-proof.

I've seen a couple of laptops that I quite like but with not being a techy am a little confused.

Of the 2 I like, one has a Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 2.0GHz processor and the other has a Intel Core 2 Duo T9300 2.5GHz processor. The price difference between the laptops is £200 (the rest of the specs are very similar and are same manufacturer). Is the latter processor worth the extra £200 or should I go for the cheaper option?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

J

I am Spartacus 12:10 10 Apr 2008

As long as you are getting at least 2GB of RAM then I would save the £200 (and spend it on an external backup drive) and go for the 2.0GHz C2D. Even that would be fine for something processor intensive like video editing and is overkill for office applications.

jack 13:49 10 Apr 2008

Processor
As Spartacus says it is the overall specification and price of the machine that matches your pocket is what counts.

Jambo99 13:55 10 Apr 2008

I think I'll go for the cheaper option then :)

I assumed that the more expensive processor was overkill but I just didn't want to make an expensive mistake.

Thanks again for your help!

J

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017