Which Laptop!??!?!

User-1290974 16:59 01 Sep 2008

Hi there. I'm going to uni in a few weeks and have been trying to find a decent laptop at about the £400 mark.

I've been looking at the Acer 5920 which is available for £400 from various places with slightly differing specs.

PC World have it with 3gbs ram and the Intel Core 2 Duo Processor T5550 1.83 GHz, 667 MHz FSB A HREF="click here=" TARGET="_new"> b>click here /b> /A>

or laptop direct have it with 2gbs ram and a Intel Core 2 Duo T7300 / 2 GHz with 800 fsb A HREF="click here" TARGET="_new"> b>click here /b> /A>

theres also the Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li2735 from staples at £340 and you get 3gbs and a Intel Core 2 Duo T5750 brain A HREF="click here"> b>click here /b> /A>

or fiinally there's the Toshiba Satellite A200 - 27Z from staples with which you get 3gbs ram and a 1.83ghz Intel® Core™2 Duo T5550 A HREF="click here"> b>click here /b> /A>

User-1290974 17:01 01 Sep 2008

What do you think is the best deal?
thanks guys! sorry about the crappy links (new to this!!)

bmachy 20:42 01 Sep 2008

Hey, I'm going to Uni too.

Anyhows, I'm in the same grouping as you. I'm also looking for a laptop for uni usage.

It depends on what you're going to use it for really. The laptops you linked are really bog standard basic ones which I wouldn't even consider.

If its for internet usage and typing documents they're all fine.

However for +£50 more you can get the Acer 5920G version of the Acer 5920 which is far better. Its on amazon I think.

GaT7 22:04 01 Sep 2008

oyyouno, I'd go for the Fujitsu as it's £60 cheaper than the others with nothing less that's significant.

As for posting links, just post the URL on it's own without any extra formatting - it automatically becomes a 'click here' clickable link.

bmachy, so what else are you going to do on your laptop apart from "internet usage and typing documents"? G

Joe R 22:47 01 Sep 2008

oyyouno,

got to agree with Crossbow7, the Fujitsu looks every bit as good as the other two, and saves you a few bob into the bargain.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?