Which Laptop

Bytz 23:28 24 Aug 2007

I'll start by saying I'm in no way an expert on laptops so I'm just looking for good functionality - I've got around £600-700 to spend, maybe a bit more - but I don't know which laptop to spend it on:

I'm looking for decent portability and battery life since I'm going to be on the move a lot, and so also I'd like it to be pretty durable since my previous laptop died from one too many bumps and scratches.

Also, since I'll be using it for media applications (especially music editing) I'm also hoping for pretty decent performance with a decent amount of ram (hopefully at least 1gb considering most decent audio samples (vsl) are at least 10gb if not going into the hundreds). Also, a decent screen would be good since music scores are very awkward with small, dim screens.

The IBM Z range (Z61p) did fit the bill pretty well except for the pretty steep price tag - I really didn't want to go over the £1000 mark. Also the popular Dell Inspiron 1420 was good except that it weighed in a 6lbs and was a bit too chunky.

I know I'm being pretty picky on such a tight budget but I hope you can come up with something better than I did.

Bytz 23:29 24 Aug 2007

Thanks in advance!

wjrt 22:34 28 Aug 2007

the sat pro a120 range features a strengthened casing and extra protection for the hard drive. toshiba outlet shops can be a source at good prices but this is an example
click here

lovingit 09:55 29 Aug 2007
  Holty001 14:53 31 Aug 2007

check out is offer at buyit247. com. £575 for 160GB HDD & 2GB ram. click here
I have one and ordered it last week. arrived next day. excellent service. defo recommend. plus you will get change from £600

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone