Which keyboard??

sputnick 11:45 15 Oct 2008

Can anyone recomend a black wired keyboard where the letters do not fade.(with internet and media controls)
I have used a couple of Microsoft ones from Maplins but the characters fade within a few weeks of sweaty fingers.

The Brigadier 11:52 15 Oct 2008

Logitech work well & last.

jaraba 14:41 15 Oct 2008

Got a tescos one for about £5/6 last year & still going strong.
Got butttons for internet & email which work well.
Havn't tried the ones for volume etc.

sputnick 14:55 15 Oct 2008

Thanks for replies

flycatcher1 22:58 15 Oct 2008

I seem to remember that, some time ago, the FE was very keen on a new Keyboard purchase.
My five year old Microsoft is as good as new and no letters have faded - as yet. It is wireles and the batteries last for ages - well a long time anyway.

katkins 18:14 16 Oct 2008

I bought a basic but smart looking silver/black USB one from Argos 10 days ago, for just under £6.

The reason I don't buy expensive, is because I notice that the letters most used when typing, fade badly in under a year, in nearly every case. The same, I suspect, is going to happen with the more expensive ones too so I would rather not risk buying one of these.

I also use this keyboard with my Vista laptop precisely so I don't wear off the built-in keyboard letters which I would only use if I were taking the laptop away from home.

It also maintains its saleable value should I decide to sell it on.

skeletal 17:50 17 Oct 2008

I also have problems with keys fading. I guess it depends on how much typing you do!

I know FE likes a really expensive one (can’t recall the name) but like all things, is it better to buy a cheap one once a year, or one at ten times the price every ten years?

I have worn out the letters on all keyboards I have used in one to two years, but have never tried an expensive one.

Skeletal

project 90 02:01 18 Oct 2008

go all out and get a logitech g15 got keys for everything that has :D

sunny staines 12:59 19 Oct 2008

the microsoft 8000

click here
the keys light up with the light is low.

not got one myself they are about £100 never seen one in the shops

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?