which ISP?`

harps1h 17:59 03 Jun 2007

where do i go from here? after my documented troubles earlier in the year click here
i have been watching my speed on an 8mb connection fall to a laughable 0.11/0.25mb download speed, if it weren't for the fact i am paying out for a premium service. so i have given them until 6pm 4/5/2007 to sort it out or i will ask for a MAC. but where do i go from here to get an isp with an inclusive call package. at this moment option 3 from bt is a contender. has anyone any thoughts on the matter?

i throw the floor open to comments

harpur

Totally-braindead 19:23 03 Jun 2007

I've already taken the plunge and in the process of leaving Tiscali, I've got my MAC code and am away to try PlusNet £14.99 for an upto 8 mb service with 8mb per month and on top of the 8mb you can use the connection as much as you like between midnight and 8 in the morning.
I'm expecting the move or or about the 6th but its a free month(trial offer) so if it turns out its rubbish I'll just get a MAC code off them and try elsewhere, at least their call centres actually are based in the UK.

I would go with Sky Broadband as I left Tiscali in Jan07 and been with sky Max 16mb service at £10 a month with free calls I do a adsl test daily at different times constantly running over 13mb at anytime and uploads 3mb Personally this is the best provider outhere at the moment.

Alf58 21:03 05 Jun 2007

BT Technical help is absolute rubbish. They have a formulaic response to each problem but are incapable of any intelligent,original thought. When on the phone to them there is a language issue since they are based in India.

harps1h 22:10 05 Jun 2007

funny you say that Alf; i was on with BT last wednesday sorting out a problem about outgoing mail from her computer and i got a guy with the broadest N ire. accent you could get. not only was he polite, but extremely knowledgeable and polite and solved the problem form his end within 5 mins

Alf58 22:34 05 Jun 2007

Well I guess you have to speak as you find. Maybe email problems are dealt with by a different set of people to those who deal with broadband connection issues which was the source of my problem.

harps1h 00:33 06 Jun 2007

it's quite possible or maybe it is luck of the draw on this occassion

harps1h 09:41 06 Jun 2007

has anyone heard or used this company as i came across it today for the first time

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?