Which graphics card?

RubyRue 22:10 03 Mar 2009

Hi all

I think my graphics card is on the way out so I'm looking into buying a new one and am hoping to get some recommendations.

My current set up is AMD athlon 64 dual core 4200+, Asus M2N4-SLI motherboard, 3gb, 700w PSU and am running Vista

I've currently got a GeForce 7900 GT/GTO and mainly use the pc for playing games so am looking for a fairly decent one that will be able to handle new games that are coming out.

Any suggestions?

Many thanks

carver 07:51 04 Mar 2009

Just how much do you want to spend that is the biggest question, have a look here click here

You have to remember that this is now 3 months old.

Or what you can do is to save some money and buy another card the same as the one you have and run in SLI mode, this should give s decent performance increase for less money.

carver 07:56 04 Mar 2009

Sorry scrap last idea as I have just reread your post about card problems.

carver 08:03 04 Mar 2009

Another article click here

donki 11:29 04 Mar 2009

You have the exact same rig as myself, I have the 8800gt thats the best GFX you will get to match your processor. If you go for anything higher you wont get the most out of it due to the CPU holding it back. I play alot of FPS and RTS and find it performs well.

citadel 17:35 04 Mar 2009

9800gtx+ or hd4850

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?