WHICH EPSON PRINTER SHOULD I BUY?

KARINA 16:57 26 May 2003

Hi..........I previously bought a HP Deskjet 840C about a couple of years ago - which was excellent when printing near photo like prints - that was until i used a recycling ink cartridge kit - it has never been the same printing streaks all the time - my lesson was learnt.

My question is that i am looking to buy an Epson Printer (inkjet unless someone persuades me otherwise) which doesn't use alot of ink and the ink cartridges are cheap, and if possible to have separate ink cartridges of all the colours........which epson should i buy.......and why..........i do use my printer to do tax returns and vat/accountancy work........but my main option would be to have a printer that prints photo like quality prints without the high cost in buying cartridges.......because the HP did prove very costly to me indeed when it came to buying the cartridges........

-pops- 17:15 26 May 2003

C82

-pops- 17:16 26 May 2003

Sorry. Hand slipped and posted too soon.

I have a C80 which I am very pleased with. C82 is the current version.

For ordinary black print I use a Samsung ML1210 laser printer - very low cost.

Brian

KARINA 17:46 26 May 2003

HOW EXPENSIVE ARE THE INK CARTRIDGES AND DOES THE C80 TAKE 4 CARTRIDGES OR TWO........AND ROUGHLY HOW MUCH IS AN EPSON C80.............THANKS

wee eddie 17:47 26 May 2003

The price of the hardware is on the high side but the consumables are well priced and the cost per page is low.

I have just received my new i850, (thats a 4 cartridge system)and am as happy as a pig in s**t.

Fast, quiet and easy to use.

Also Viking are offering Compatibles, Black @ £3.99 & Coloured @ £3.49+Vat each.

antoni34 17:50 26 May 2003

go for a Hewlett Packard instead

-pops- 18:48 26 May 2003

The C82 is £90 from dabs. Ink (4 cartridges) is about £9 each from 7dayshop

KARINA 19:25 26 May 2003

THE REVIEWS FOR THE EPSON C62 SEEM TO BE MUCH BETTER THAN THAT FOR THE EPSON C82............THEN AGAIN THE CANNON BUBBLEJET I850 SEEMS LIKE A MORE PROMISING PROPOSITION .........AFTER SOME MORE FEEDBACK - I SHALL DECIDE.........

Jomi 19:37 26 May 2003

Had one for about two months, ink is reasonable from computer fairs etc.. but Epson ink is expensive.
The printer is as described in the reviews - for me it's great, I print quite a lot of photos.

If you're running win XP, you'll have to use win 2000 drivers. and the utility program which are both available at click here

rins36 19:41 26 May 2003

I have had various Epson printers, my latest being the 'Stylus Photo 830'. Bought it from Asda for under £100.00

Prints good text & pics, cant fault it

wee eddie 20:24 26 May 2003

I FIND YOUR 'CAPS' VERY DIFFICULT TO READ!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?