Which all in one printer to buy?

SB23 20:48 12 Dec 2006

My old Lexmark Z65 has finally given up the ghost, (who could believe its timimg, just before Xmas),lol, but obviously I now have a need for a printer.
My wife has suggested that we get an all in one, which I like the sound of, especially as we would use all of the features, but my problem is which one. Our local post office is selling a Lexmark all in one, but I'm unsure whether to get Lexmark again.
Do any of you have any ideas on which one to buy, or for that matter, which ones to avoid.

Thanks in advance

Steve

wjrt 21:32 12 Dec 2006

if you live near a Staples they are doing an instore promo of HP3110 for £99 which is at least £50 less than elsewhere otherwise lokk at Amazon for Epson RX520

onokeck 22:59 12 Dec 2006

Have a look at the Canon Pixma MP110. It is a very capable printer, scanner & copier. I use remanufactured inkjet cartridges from Phoenix and although they are small capacity they are cheap especially if you buy like 6 or more. I think you can get the device for about £60-£70 and I've been using mine for over two years with no problems.It does excellent general printing and highly satisfactory photo printing. Setup and use is dead simple. Try it.

Casey

belcanto 23:04 12 Dec 2006

You had a lucky escape with regards to Lexmark, three years ago, i brough no less than four, two of them were all-in ones. NEVER AGAIN, they were all c**p and the cartridges were extortionate, this was whether they were original or compatible. Your better off getting either a canon or epson as you can get far better deals with the cartridges.

Hope this helps-Belcanto

FatboySlim71 00:32 14 Dec 2006

I can only recommend HP as ive owned Canon's (Printheads wore out on both in 14 months)

Epson's were very problamatic for clogged printheads and I did use the printer every two days, so it wasnt a case of lack of use that caused the clogged printhead problem, also I use to get a black blot of ink very often on the corner of a print outs, which is apparantly a common problem with Epson printers.

I have owned my HP Photosmart C3180 for around two and a half months and its a fabulous printer, print quality, scan quality is A1 IMO.

I made a point this time when I purchased my multi function printer to go for an HP, due to the fact that HP have their printheads as part of the ink cartridge and also from recommendations from colleges who had owned the same brands of printer as I had and they had switched to HP because of the problems they had with Epson and Canon, also with HP the printhead is new each time you install a new ink cartridge, this is the reason why HP cartridges are expensive, but I am willing to pay this if it means that I will, 1 "Have a printer that beats easily the quality I got from my Epson and Canon printers and also, 2 "having a printer that I will not suffer to the extent that I had with my Epson printer with clogged printheads" I have never had a clogged printhead in my HP printer yet, but if this had been my Epson I would have had several clogs by now.

I purchase my ink cartridges for my HP Photosmart C3180 off of Amazon, I can get an original HP black and colour delivered for around £23-24, which I don't think is expensive for original manafacturers cartridges.

I have written a review on the HP Photosmart C3180 if you are interested, you can read the review by clicking on the link below,

click here

Monument 02:24 14 Dec 2006

If should need to network the device, I have recently bought the HP2575 which has a ethernet connection for £99 at PCW.

SB23 20:13 14 Dec 2006

Just had a look at another Lexmark (my wifes idea) the X1270, seems ok for the money, but the problem is that the ink is £10 less than the printer would cost. Is it me, or is the price for ink for Lexmarks abit on the pricey side? Thats the only thing that really puts me off them.

chocolate cake 22:01 14 Dec 2006

Hi SB23. I posted a thread on a similartopic a few days ago. click here in my original post hp should read epson.

In the end we decided on the hp5610. Only takes two cartridges and you get good deeals on them at the site mentioned by wjrt click here

trisha01 13:53 15 Dec 2006

I got the X1270 for £29.99 at Staples.

sunny staines 10:24 16 Dec 2006

hp2575 is very good pc world has best price as momument says. I'm using this one.

The Brigadier 12:05 16 Dec 2006

Bought my Epson 3 months age from staples @ £79.99. Best printer i have had.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?