Where to make complaints to PC World(Liars)

User-F21C33E0-3B0B-419D-BC3B1B4236139A9F 02:04 25 Sep 2010

Does anyone have any contact details of?, either phone numbers, email address or work addresses of managing directors, Head of services etc etc where my complaint would actually be heard and a resolution be found?

I bought a laptop from PC World Grimsby store on 23 last month. But the laptop got problems days later. I took it to the store and the staff Dave diagnosed it and did system recovery. He told me it was not caused by virus but system problem. I tried to ask for an exchange. But he promised me it wouldn’t happen again and if it would happen I would get a brand new one for exchange. I asked him if he would not be in when I came again later. He promised to me that he would make a word with his colleagues and once I brought in the laptop with the same problem they would exchange it for a brand new one.
Unfortunately, the same problem occurred, I took the laptop to the store on 24 September .But Dave and his colleagues denied his promise for exchange. If Dave had not promised the exchange for the same problem, I would have exchanged on the day I took it in. But now, Dave, his colleague Lelly, their manager and the store manager denied Dave's promise and refused to exchange the faulty laptop.

Forum Editor 09:15 25 Sep 2010

let me say that you should not name individual store staff here - it's not necessary, and in certain circumstances it may have legal implications.

You say that your new laptop 'got problems' days after you bought it, but you don't say what those problems were. That can have a bearing on the advice we'll offer, so before we go any further perhaps you'll tell us what went wrong.

the staff diagnosed it and did system recovery. He told me it was not caused by virus but system problem.

OTT_B 14:31 25 Sep 2010

Can you go into a more detail about the problem? What was the laptop doing that it wasn't supposed to?

Forum Editor 15:57 25 Sep 2010

'System problem' is rather meaningless. I'm sorry to go on about this, but until and unless we understand exactly what happened it's going to be impossible to help.

Forum Editor 16:15 25 Sep 2010

Please do not post in other forum areas telling people not to buy from PC World, just because you've had a bad experience with them - it's against forum rules.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?