Where can I get 'Air dusters'?

  Jdoki 13:41 11 Nov 2004

I'm hoping you good people can give me some advice.

I'm looking for cans of compressed air, to blast the dust out of my fans/case.

I've trawled the net, and found maybe a dozen websites that sell them, but the prices seem horrendous!

They range from about 4quid a can to over a tenner. £4 sounds sensible, but add on the £3 postage and it's crazy.

Can anyone point me towards a company selling them for a reasonable price?! I don't mind bulk buying if it lowers the price, or avoids postage.

Thanks in advance.

  Stuartli 13:59 11 Nov 2004

Cans of compressed air can be acquired from photographic and computer retail outlets, but it's a bit like buying bottled water - an expensive pastime...:-)

  Stuartli 14:01 11 Nov 2004

Photographic stores also sell a brush type version - you squeeze the bulb at the end to force the air out and then brush the dust away.

  Jdoki 14:15 11 Nov 2004

You mean I actually have to go outside?! Hmmm, shops... I'm sure I've heard of these places; where you have to go to THEM to pick up the goods! :)

Thanks for the advice Stuartli, I'll check it out.

Unfortunately my expensive case has expensive tastes and an air blaster (or perhaps 'Aerosol Evian' might be a better name!) is about the only thing I can use to clean some bits.

I'll leave the thread open a little longer to see if I get any responses for online retailers.

  Belatucadrus 14:18 11 Nov 2004
  Stuartli 15:20 11 Nov 2004

You could always put the case in your car and use your local garage's air line.....:-)

That'll shift the dust. Perhaps the hardware and fans as well. But at least you won't have to pay.

  oresome 17:45 11 Nov 2004

The friction caused by the air can create static. I'm not saying it will damage the equipment, but it does make it attract more dust.

We used to have a radioactive device connected to the airline to prevent static build up when cleaning electronic devices.

  spuds 00:03 12 Nov 2004

How about using the good old vacuum cleaner-suck or blow attachment!.

  Danoh 01:43 12 Nov 2004

I got mine from Costco; £ 11-ish incl VAT for 4, so less than £3 each.

  Jdoki 08:45 12 Nov 2004

Thanks for all the advice.

  wee eddie 17:25 12 Nov 2004

It suprises me that one can use an "Input Fan" if what you say is correct.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017