When can you cancel an on-line order ?

tazzie1971 21:15 07 Dec 2004

I ordered a TFT screen from a on-line company 2 weeks ago. When I was making the order there was no mention the item was out of stock. 4 days later I received an e-mail to say my order status had been updated, it had to - out of stock. Now after 2 weeks there is still no change to the order status, the company say they are waiting for a delivery date from the manufacturer. I require this TFT for Christmas, so how early can I cancel the order with this company so that I can try and source it from somewhere else in time for Christmas ?
TIA

Salinger 21:56 07 Dec 2004

Probably depends on THEIR T & C, have they debited your credit card already?

Send them an email cancelling the order due to their inability to supply - give them a time limit, say one week, if they can't supply in that period tell them you are cancelling and advise your cc company.

spuds 23:16 07 Dec 2004

Trading Standards information click here

EU click here

jakimo 23:28 07 Dec 2004

Under the distance selling regs. you can cancel as from now,
Don't give them a weeks notice,or it may be to late to get your tft in time for Xmas from another supplier

Forum Editor 00:01 08 Dec 2004

if you want to get a new TFT screen this side of Christmas. Both online traders and courier services traditionally get very busy about now, and packages start piling up in distribution hubs.

tazzie1971 12:02 08 Dec 2004

credit card hasn't been debited yet & going on from the above advice I should be able to cancel.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?