What's reasonable?

prb 20:13 19 Jul 2007

The sound card in my Acer laptop recently stopped working. I returned it to the shop, who undertook several tests before confirming that it was a hardware fault and returned it to Acer for repair under warranty. At the time I was warned that this may take up to 2 weeks, this time has expired today, and despite an email earlier this week and a call today, no one seems to be able to tell me when I can expect to get the laptop back.

My question therefore is 'how long is it reasonable to expect a laptop to be with the manufacturer for repair?' personally I think 2 weeks should be ample, but I wondered what other people thought. Also how do I go about complaining - does it have to be through the store or direct to Acer?

Thanks

Totally-braindead 20:26 19 Jul 2007

You could have gone direct to Acer but you didn't you took it to the retailer first which is probably what I would have done. I think 28 days would be reasonable but I would hope it would be back within the fortnight.
I would ask the shop to contact Acer or get the contact details they use and contact Acer and ask how things stand.

wee eddie 22:21 19 Jul 2007

to take it back to the place of Purchase. Had he gone direct to Acer he might have restricted his rights.

prb ~ did they say 2 weeks or 14 working days, which is nearer to 3 weeks?

Woolwell 22:55 19 Jul 2007

Click here didn't work at all well. Try Acer UK - Contact us page.

Woolwell 22:55 19 Jul 2007

Click here didn't work at all well. Try Acer UK - Contact us page.

prb 22:17 20 Jul 2007

Thanks for your comments - wee eddie the comment was that it would be 'up to 2 weeks' which has now passed.

Have called and emailed the shop, but still no update, will keep you posted!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?