What TFT to buy?

Josh-204010 16:45 29 Aug 2004

I am looking at buying a new TFT monitors I am currently looking around and would like peoples opinions on what makes are best and what models to consider. I don't really know much about them, my maximum price is about £230 and I am looking for a 17" monitor. I am currently considering the following models:-

LG L1715s £231

Phillips 170s 5Fs £227

Benq FP731 £222

Relisys TL766B £222

I have seen all of these models for the marked price on savastore, any other reccomended models would be greatly appreciated within my £230 budget. Please help and let me know which is the "best of the bunch"

thanks in advance

Dorsai 06:00 30 Aug 2004

The LG one we have at work. brand new this month. 8 of. Nice piccy, not one dead pixel in sight (but it is early days yet).

Cant comment with a comparison to the rest though..I can't afford to buy all four, and then use the best. and the Boss just picked one TFT and bought 8 the same, rather than buying 8 different 17" ones.

LG stuff from my experiance is quite good though.

Have DVD/CD-RW (3/4 year old, still going fine).

A video. It is the longest lasting video i have ever bought for under £100. (the last one, not LG, lasted 375 days, ie 10 days longer than the warranty, never buy from that well known electronic maker again). The LG one, now over 2 year old.

GibsonSt19 10:36 30 Aug 2004

Aldi have a 19" TFT coming in on 02/09.

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?