What size is yours?

restless 19:14 23 Feb 2006

Im looking to buy a widescreen Tft after narrowing it down to several models im stuck with the idea as to what size I need? I think a 15" would be fine for my needs but I have been told that 17 or 19" would be much better.I have a 17"crt at the moment and im happy enough with screen size.Just to get an idea on what size other Pc users have im asking the question "what size is yours.....

cavillas 19:19 23 Feb 2006

I have a 15 TFT roughly equivelant to 17 CRT but would prefer a bigger one ie 19 TFT. Much better for eyes a useage.

Totally-braindead 19:20 23 Feb 2006

17" TFT its fine but I play a lot of games and perhaps a 19" would have been better but I'm not sure.

anskyber 19:31 23 Feb 2006

19 inch but not widescreen. I love it. as I am sure you are aware a 17inch widescreen is measured across the diagonal so the height of the image (important to me) will be smaller than your standard format crt or any TFt.

Forum Editor 19:37 23 Feb 2006

so I'll move it over there now.

SG Atlantis® 19:37 23 Feb 2006

love my 19inch Samsung tft.

Forum Editor 19:38 23 Feb 2006

for a desktop machine is for 19". I use that size, and it seems just about perfect to me.

Diemmess 19:50 23 Feb 2006

Have been happy with a Novatech 17" bought June 02.
Cost a fortune then.... made more expensive with built-in dreadful speakers which could have come from a Xmas cracker. Replaced a Ilama 17" Pro. to make more desk space.

Forget the speakers (Please) the rest is far better than the good CRT I had.

Even illumination, no dead pixels, perfect behaviour....... would like something larger!

restless 20:38 23 Feb 2006

So far just the one 15" then.If you can see my previous posts you will see the models im interested in dont know why but im still swaying towards the 15" widescreen,very limited in pc shops where I am and none have any in this size so I cant go and see for myself before buying.

ade.h 21:05 23 Feb 2006

I use one of these click here I was converted by a 15.4" laptop, so had to go widescreen!

De Marcus™ 21:22 23 Feb 2006

One 15.4" on laptop

One 17" AOC TFT gathering dust on unused shuttle system

Two Iiyama GraphicPro 20" TFT on work pc.

One broken AG Neovo 17" tft that I've been meaning to dispose of.

The laptop was meant to be my wife's for her Uni course but I take it away with me on trips (the old bowling ball present for the wife trick). The 17" is part of a multimedia system system I built a while ago which only ever gets used when we have a party or BBQ. The Graphicpro's are for work and colour quality is astounding, they're set up in a dual monitor configuration.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?