What pc monitor??

project 90 17:56 21 Sep 2009

hi people, i am thinking of upgrading my monitor i have a 19" viewsonic vx922 i think it was.
i'm a heavy games mainly fps and racing so when i bought this the main thing was a low response time to minimise ghosting mine is 2m/s claimed

i was wanting to get a decent 22" widescreen full hd screen i have been looking at 3 the now just want to hear other peoples views and if they can reccommend 1 over the other

1.click here=

2.click here=

3.click here=

i would preferabaly like to keep my 2ms response time but i hear people say that 5 is fine but i am right picky and probaly wil notice the difference or at leastt hink i do.

any help or input is welcome

thanks people

mr simon 21:03 21 Sep 2009

click here for a Samsung 2232BW, at £160 if you click here

I have owned this one for a while now and its brilliant. I use it mostly for gaming.

GaT7 21:05 21 Sep 2009

Don't ask me why, but I'd probably choose the LG. They all appear very similar in specs, with the Samsung not having a dedicated HDMI port, unlike the other two which do. You'll need to visit the individual manufacturer's website to look for/compare the minor differences.

The LG is cheaper at Dabs (£156 delivered) click here & eBuyer (£157 delivered) click here - if you choose their free delivery options.

If you go for the Asus, it's cheaper at Dabs (£158 delivered) click here. Likewise with the Samsung at Dixons (£157 delivered) click here. G

GaT7 21:08 21 Sep 2009

mr simon, I think you'll find your Samsung's res is 1680x1050, while project 90 appears to be looking for a 'Full HD' 1920x1080 res screen. G

project 90 21:32 21 Sep 2009

yes thanks guys i was just looking at the models the now will price comapre when i go to buy it but there cant be much diff in them can there?

is there no where you can go apart from curries where u can have a test drive of 1?

mr simon 00:28 22 Sep 2009

You are correct Crossbow7, please ignore my suggestion.

spuds 11:09 22 Sep 2009

Whatever you purchase and where from, make sure of your warranty entitlements. I do not know if the same rule applies, but one well known retailer had an agreement with monitor manufacturers of only providing a one year warranty, in the off chance that the customer would purchase an additional 2 year extended warranty. Other retailers provided a free 3 year warranty supported by the retailer and manufacturer.

I notice that there are a number of Viewsonic 22" around at present, with a price tag of just over £100.00.

961 19:46 22 Sep 2009

I've just bought a Benq G2420HD 24" widescreen from Dabs for £145 + delivery

(Reviewed in this month's PC Pro magazine)

3 years on site warranty

I am blown away by the screen quality

At least read the review before you buy

I was thinking LG or Samsung both £50 dearer but glad I went for this

I am using a samsung T220 (not HDMI but DVI) it is fantastic!! I would go for the Samsung, but check around on the price!

harps1h 15:08 23 Sep 2009

click here

i have this one for a few pounds more

harps1h 16:01 23 Sep 2009

click here

i have this one for a few pounds more

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des Légendes en ligne ?