What laptop to buy? Rock or AJP?

jam2morrow 16:25 07 Mar 2003

Hi there,

I am looking to buy a laptop PC. My original budget was £1000 but I am prepared to stretch that up to £1300 to try and future-proof the PC.

I had shortlisted the Rock Quaddra XS 2.4b which I scored highly for its looks and 3yr C&R warranty. However, I read a review for a Quaddra notebook this month and it was marked down for its terrible graphics performance and harsh display. I then saw an advertisment for AJP's 5600D which features a stunning high resolution screen and decent graphics card. It is the same price except only has a 2yr RTB warranty.

At the moment my only computing needs are the internet, wordprocessing and buring CDs. I would also want to be able to watch DVDs on the laptop. In the future I may get into other applications.

Any advice? Thanks.

James

AndySD 17:16 07 Mar 2003

Try going click here and type in

AJP Review

Hi James,
I’ve been looking for a good laptop as well. The one I’m presently looking at has a P4 running at 2.4G, also has 64M graphics powering a 15” display, along with 512Mb RAM and a huge 60Gb hard drive, not to mention a DVD/CD-RW combo drive. It’s the precision 2200. You can find it at click here all for just over a grand!

DaHool 21:01 08 Mar 2003

I too have been looking for a laptop, the one you have referred to FizziKs looks like the MultiVision Ionix. Can you tell any differences? Well worth the money i think.

bigdamouk 01:47 09 Mar 2003

i use a Sony Vaio PCG and cant fault them....supurb build quality, amazing screen, good specs aswell....mine has a combi cd/dvd/cdrw 2 pcmia slots 2 usb slot ethernet port, firewire, and a whole host of serial ports.

If its quality your after then i highly recommend Sony!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?