What Gaming, High-End Mouse Should i Buy?

S_P_A_Z 21:13 14 Jul 2008

Hi Guys, i have Max £50 to spend on a mouse. So i'm looking for a very high end mouse. I was just wondering, what your opinion is on what u think i should buy. I'll state what i Need, and what i would like:

What i want

Minimum 2000 DPi
Very Comfortable
Scrolling Wheel
2 Main Mouse Buttons
Changeable DPI
Under £50
Optical
Wired
Windows XP Compatible
Good Looking

Optional

Changeable LED lights
Adjustable Weight

and maybe some other things. I'm not 2 fussed on having many buttons... it#'d be cool to have profiles on it, but again i'm not that fussed... also i heard theres a problem with the Razer Lechsis or something. Supposedly when u click it moves the cursor? unless u have a hard surface, and it's almost unplayable on a soft... anyway, thx in advance :)

RobCharles1981 00:11 15 Jul 2008

click here

Logitech G5 Laser Mouse Beats it hands down.

Starfox 00:47 15 Jul 2008

click here

My favourite is the Gamer Mouse Optical GM-4200. Mine has been in use for about 3 years now with no problems.

wolfie3000 03:30 16 Jul 2008

I have to agree with Robtheorganguru, Logitech mice are the best there is for gaming,
I use a mx5000 laser mouse from Logitech and is the best mouse iv ever used.

I would recommend getting a wired mouse as if your playing a game for a long time the batteries can die on you and that really is annoying when mid game.

One thing i would like to point out is that one of the most important things gamers overlook when shopping for accurate mice is the surface they use it on,

Theres no point buying a £80 mouse only to use it on an uneven surface,
Get yourself a good quality mousemat, one thats not to spongey as over time there surfaces become uneven,

Also buy one that has a matte finish on it and not shiney, shiney mouse mats are terrible for reflecting the laser and thus decrease the accuracy.

This is a good mousemat for gaming.

click here

Also make sure the mouse mat has a large surface area, so when you can make long sweeps with your mouse with out having to lift your mouse.

Mr Mistoffelees 09:24 16 Jul 2008

Whatever mouse you opt for, try to find one in a shop so you try it in your hand. You will be using the mouse a lot, you need your hand to be comfortable or you may have serious problems, a lot of pain.

Comfort is the most important consideration but often overlooked.

flycatcher1 22:44 16 Jul 2008

I have found that the mousemats made by click here out of re-cycled car tyres are excellent.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?