What does £1 buy you these days?

The Brigadier 12:47 05 Dec 2008

Well you could buy Woolworth's?
But you need at least 300 million to cover debts!

Or have you thought of buying an F1 Team?
Honda are up for sale for a nominal fee of £1.
But you then need to put in £40 Million to race in 2009!

Clapton is God 13:07 05 Dec 2008

Well, I just bought a nice bag of sweeties for £1.

And the proceeds go to Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Cymro. 13:24 05 Dec 2008

A pound on the lottory and hope for the best.

spuds 22:53 05 Dec 2008

A few nice goodies from Poundland, Pound World or similar ever increasing £1 establishments :O)

Stuartli 23:57 05 Dec 2008

As mentioned, either visiting PoundLand, 99p Shop or Home Solutions will prove a most enlightening experience.

Certainly the price of many big brand name products at, for instance, PoundLand must make supermarket bosses such as those at Tesco and Morrison's blush with shame.

rdave13 00:40 06 Dec 2008

'Certainly the price of many big brand name products at, for instance, PoundLand must make supermarket bosses such as those at Tesco and Morrison's blush with shame.'

No.

rdave13 01:23 06 Dec 2008

What a quid buys you at poundland is exactly what you pay for; rejected goods.

Terry Brown 09:44 06 Dec 2008

I bought some cable ties at my local £1 shop, later I saw the same ones at B&Q for £2.99.
If the £1 shop is making a profit, what are B&Q making ?.
Terry

Stuartli 10:34 06 Dec 2008

You are writing complete nonsense.

At Poundland you can buy a four pack (sometimes a six pack) of Imperial Leather soap for the obvious price - Tesco, Morrison's etc price is 50 per cent higher.

Oust, the odour neautraliser, is under £1 at Wilkinsons (79p) and other places, plus the usual price at Poundland. Tesco charges £1.62.

I recently acquired a Belkin high speed Ethernet cable at Poundland which boosted my broadband speeds by a considerable amount.

Not bad for a pound and there are many, many other examples.

jakimo 11:48 06 Dec 2008

You may get the odd item for under a £1 in the big 4 supermarkets as loss leaders,but getting a store full of £1 items in Poundland\99p shop, is pretty impressive,and BIG value for your diminishing £

spuds 12:02 06 Dec 2008

If Poundland or similar establishments were total rubbish, I wonder why on the visits I usually make, the checkouts were doing exceptionally well, with people doing multi purchases. Not like some of the other shops in the same area, who seemed to have more 'bored' staff than paying customers.

On a personal note, I have purchased a couple of faulty item's (which someone had tampered with), and these were replaced without question at a later date.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?