What do you think of the HP advert?

Totally-braindead 18:12 02 May 2007

If you've seen the advert on the right hand side for HP printers does it surprise you?
It shocks me. They say their colour inkjet is faster than their colour laser and this is the amazing bit, the inkjet is 25% cheaper to run.

Is it just me or does this sound too good to be true?

961 18:54 02 May 2007

..I thought you were talking sauce!

Woolwell 23:19 02 May 2007

May be cheaper than a colour laser but probably not cheaper in mono than a mono laser.

The ad's claim did get me to look at the product and find a review click here

spuds 23:24 02 May 2007

I don't know about 25% cheaper to run, but I notice that HP are going to introduce two types of interchangeable inkjet cartridges for their printers.The cartridges will be colour coded for light or heavy usage, so the consumer can choose the right cartridge for their usual requirements. Each cartridge should also have details printed, which should tell you how many pages the cartridge is capable of printing.

The cheaper standard (small)usage cartridge package will be blue, and the heavy (large) user cartridge package will be green. According to reports, some confusion may occur initially, as some cartridge product numbers may change, so it is recommended that you check cartridge to printer model, before making the final purchase.

It appears as though this 'improvement' is due to the actions of the Office of Fair Trading and standards that came into force in December 2006.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?