What computer should I buy? - help please

biggywee 13:30 23 Oct 2008

Hi, My computer is on it's way out and I'm thinking of getting a new one. I use it mostly for Internet, Downloading, I-Tunes and a bit of Gaming. Been looking at Dell but have just spent 2 days getting nowhere - their customer service is shocking and has really put me off.
Anyway I wanted to ask for some advice on what to buy. I would like Quad Core, pretty big hard drive, decent graphics card etc. Base only, have got decent monitor, keyboard etc.
Any models out there I should look at? lookinhg to spend about &700/&800 but maybe a bit more if it looks good.
Any thoughts on Zoostorm?
Any help very much appreciated.

iscanut 16:02 23 Oct 2008

Have a look at this site. I have bought from Cougar and and very pleased with the pc. There are other comments re Cougar on this site if you do a search.

click here

robbiepaul79 20:17 23 Oct 2008

It is very difficult choice as to where to buy systems from these days, so many good and bad stories about most places.

Take a look at

click here
click here
click here

I have heard more good than bad from these ones.

biggywee 23:23 23 Oct 2008

Thanks for the info. I've been looking at these sites, also ARBICO. Hard to decide between them.

Graham. 23:41 23 Oct 2008
  biggywee 23:55 23 Oct 2008

Graham, Tempting.....I've been looking at a higher spec model from Zoostorm. Do you find it ok? Any problems? Would appreciate your thoughts. Did you buy it 'pre-built' or did you have the option to customise it? Thanks

Graham. 08:16 24 Oct 2008

I just had the 'as-is' model. Only thing I've done is uninstall Onecare and installed AVG Free and Spywareblaster.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?