What to Buy.

Stipe 03:53 15 Mar 2006

New here.

Need some advice.
Looking for new computer.high powered for video editing and multi tasking.Must have 2GB RAM any suggestions welcome.
I have about £2000 to spend.
Many thanks.

Dellman 09:48 15 Mar 2006

Have you tried Mesh???

rmcqua 10:07 15 Mar 2006

You could try one of these:
click here
with a monitor and OS of your choice, plus an extra 1Gb of RAM, and still have plenty left from your budget.

anskyber 11:17 15 Mar 2006

Do you have this response saved somewhere? You say exactly the same thing to any question regarding recommendations for computers.

Totally-braindead 11:25 15 Mar 2006

anskyber I was wondering that myself, he always says the same thing.
There are other companies you know and every single time anyone asks about any sort of PC you say that. Do you have a Mesh perhaps? Maybe you work for them? If Mesh make such good high powered PCs for video editing perhaps you could provide Stipe with a link to it.

anskyber 11:37 15 Mar 2006

I make no apologies for pointing that out. Stipe will need to have as much information as possible to make an informed decision and that includes any pattern of advice which is basic and without other information such as suggested by Totally-braindead.

SG Atlantis® 12:12 15 Mar 2006

and his name is dellman, think he should be called meshman? lol, no offence intended.

click here

Upgrade it to 2gb of RAM and get the latest 19 inch tft from Samsung that everyone is banging on about, inc PCA who put it on top of their charts!

rmcqua 12:15 15 Mar 2006

Looks like SG Atlantis® and myself are in complete agreement!

SG Atlantis® 12:18 15 Mar 2006

Genuinely.

I should have looked at your link rmcqua. That is superb value and more than adequate for the job intended.

As an alternative Stipelook at dells high end machines.

anskyber 12:50 15 Mar 2006

click here Then upgrade RAM or click here select the closest to your need inc RAM upgrade. Evesham seem well liked for their customer care. If you are doing video editing (with other things going on in the background) then consider a dual core processor. Dual looks a good bet for the full use of Vista if you get it in the future.

Dellman 13:01 15 Mar 2006

I used to have a Dell, but changed to Mesh for last PC purchase since on Dells, upgrades can sometimes be problematical. I bought 2 Mesh PCs from Mesh about 18 Months ago and they're still going strong.

Here are the latest award winners from Mesh....which you may want to consider.

click here

btw.........I recently went back to Dell for a laptop purchase for my Dad!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

Adobe shows still-in-development tools, including automatically colourising black-and-white photos

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?