What are my options?

De Marcus™ 12:04 22 Jul 2006

About 3 months ago I bought a Garmin I3 sat nav unit, within 2 months it fizzled and popped whilst I was driving, I took it back to Halfords where I bought it and they didn't have another in stock so offered me a Garmin c310, I accepted this along with the £60 increase in price (better model anyway so wasn't fussed). Now the c310 unit won't accept a charge, either via USB or the in car charger, it switches on briefly, then complains about a low battery, then switches off again. To be honest I'd like a full refund so I can go elsewhere and buy a Tom Tom (had enough of Garmin), buy I've a feeling that Halfords will have different ideas, what can I expect when I take it back this afternoon?

Diodorus Siculus 12:45 22 Jul 2006

Halford's are generally very good in my experience at giving refunds, even for things that have been specially ordered.

Saturday isn't always the best time to go in though as I find a lot of the staff are part timers. Monday - Friday when a responsible manager is present is best.

Anyway, I think that you will be ok - good luck.

De Marcus™ 13:02 22 Jul 2006

Thanks DS, off there now.

spuds 13:47 22 Jul 2006

Hi De Marcus--I recently made an enquiry with Halfords main office customer services (poor) about a lost instruction manual on one of their exclusive products,and they suggested a referral to any Halfords store manager for advice.

Paid a visit to one of the local Halfords, and couldn't ask for better service and help from the staff.Hope you have the same helpful service.

At the end of the day, consumer law should be in your favour. Both items were less than six month old, so a refund should be available.

De Marcus™ 14:45 22 Jul 2006

Sorted. I coudn't get a refund there and then, They need to ring Garmin for a return or referral code or something. Garmin aren't open till monday but I've been assured it's not a problem.

Now which Tom Tom to buy?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?