WHARFEDALE LCD 2010AF LCD TV PROBLEM- help please

Morawa 15:34 28 Jan 2007

i puchased a WHARFEDALE LCD 2010AF LCD TV WITH INTERGRATED FREEVIEW earlier this month from Argos. My problem is that i can only tape video a programme when the TV is on. As when I have been out and taped a programme and the TV has been switched off it records nothing. When I phoned the technical dept today (28/1/07) they informed me that I would only be able to tape when the TV is on...........
Is this true??? However it's not safe to leave your TV on all day when you are out of the house, even when the TV is on standby it wont record.
Can anyone help, can I take this TV back and get a refund?

Thanks to anyone who can help me, as I feel I've just wasted over £300s

Thanks,

Morawa

Totally-braindead 15:58 28 Jan 2007

Yes its probably perfectly true. My mums got a Panasonic one and its exactly the same. My solution was to buy a seperate Freeview box and link that up so the video could record from that. And it gives the advantage that you can watch one freeview channel using the freeview built into the TV and record another freeview channel recording from the seperate box.
You can of course still record a non freeview terrestrial channel on your video without having the TV on.
I couldn't believe this was the case when my mum got her TV either but its rather common. My TVs got built in freeview and its the same as well.
I would buy a seperate freeview box and link it up as I suggested.

Totally-braindead 19:21 28 Jan 2007

You are only meant to email people when invited to do so.]
Anyway by email
"Hi, Thanks for your reply to my post. can you tell me how to set a freeview box up to my video and TV Thanks"
Tv aerial comes in goes to seperate freeview box then onto video then from video to TV.
You tune the video in so you get 1,2,3 and 4 the usual terrestrial channels and also run a SCART lead from the seperate freeview box to the video.
If you want to record something then you can record 1,2,3 or 4 terrestrial as normal or record from the SCART which might be called AV or whatever on your video and that will then record whatever the freeview box is set to. You might also be able to tune the video into the freeview box and if you can then you could make freeview 5 on the video.
I know it sounds a bit complicated but its not really. Remember if you're recoding freeview it will record whatever you have the seperate freeview box set to not what you are watching on the TV.
Think I've described that right.

Morawa 19:26 28 Jan 2007

sorry didn't realise i couldn't email, please accept my sinciere apologies and thanks for your ehlp

Totally-braindead 19:31 28 Jan 2007

The main reason for the email thing is because if you email someone and he doesn't check his/her emails for a few days you don't get your answer. If you post in your thread then someone else may answer instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?