Wharfedale Hi-Fi with 40GB hard drive

LABMAN 18:34 07 Sep 2006

Hi Folks,

I cam across this to day and I'm sure that there are bound to be some of you interested in it, I know one member was asking about a product like this not that long ag.

click here

Priced at £200 and to be available from Argos.

ade.h 19:07 07 Sep 2006

It can't really be called "hi-fi".

LABMAN 19:16 07 Sep 2006

Hi adde.h

Wel I suppose to some of the people it may not a real a hi-fi but to the majority of us hi-fi denotes a half decent system for playing music.

For those who think only mega bucks brings a proper hi-fi maybe this one from Denon will suit you better at £900
click here

I still bet to most of us it doesn't sound 4 times better though.....

hzhzhzhz 20:49 07 Sep 2006

I'll bet it does.:-)

ade.h 22:18 07 Sep 2006

No, that's not really hi-fi either. High fidelity has certain requirements which physically cannot be met by speakers as small as those. It's not about the cost; it's the type and quality of equipment. Tiny bookshelf-style speakers sound quite poor.

wee eddie 22:20 07 Sep 2006

here for example

click here

or here!

click here

I bought my amplification kit from a guy that went bust and the Monitors (speaker system) from CBS when they rebuilt their Recording Studio.

I was looking at some Linn speakers in the Auction Room the other day. Each unit had a 12" woofer, 3 other speakers and a 2" horn, I think that they were 8 ohm. The pair fetched £55 which would have been just over £63 with commission, it's quite easy to start collecting you see.

Input Overload 22:24 07 Sep 2006

I can never understand why people accept without difficulty that a £1000 TV is superior than a £200 curved screen etc, yet when it comes to music reproduction many think that £200 is more than enough & paying over £1000 for a decent well matched system is money down the drain. Anyone who hears a decent separates system will be amazed. It can be so good it’s an addiction, people laugh until they hear my system, some of my friends are now hooked.

ade.h 22:26 07 Sep 2006

click here That's what I have. Don't ask me what they cost; I was given them. Possibly a bit more than £55 though :o(

hzhzhzhz 22:32 07 Sep 2006

I have a pair of these click here :-)

ade.h 22:44 07 Sep 2006

Didn't the band in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe" use those, hzhzhz? ;o)

hzhzhzhz 22:56 07 Sep 2006

ade.h

best heard from 37 miles away. :-)))))

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Illustrator Mariana Rodrigues' beautiful flora and fauna for Bombay Sapphire gin

How to remove Mac ransomware

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?