Well, I've done it

HondaMan 14:01 30 Dec 2014

After months if not years of dithering, I have finally ordered my iMac with 5K retina display, 4Ghz processor, 4GB graphics, 3TB fusion HDD and 8GB memory (I'll upgrade that myself) and a Thunderbolt cable together with Lightroom. Total £2600.

OUCH!

Watch this space for updates

HondaMan 16:02 30 Dec 2014

Jock1e

Thanks. I have finally had enough of Windows and gone over to the other side. I have had a MacBook for about a year now and am so impressed with the way it just "does what you want" without any problems. I run Windows 7 on it, simply because there is no Mac version of that software but even in a virtual PC it seems to run much better. The main use though will be photo-editing, hence the rather large HDD.

rdave13 16:33 30 Dec 2014

Hmm, just thinking of a Windows machine I could buy with that amount of dosh. Now you'll have to move to the blue banner forum.

I'm sure you won't regret it as they are excellent machines. :)

Pine Man 08:13 31 Dec 2014

HondaMan

I did exactly the same in July and I have never looked back - enjoy!

mole1944 07:55 01 Jan 2015

Enjoy your machine, you've defected but no matter just enjoy it. Oh my christmas present to myself in 2014 was a Ford Fiesta Titanium "Because i'm worth it" and if i don't spend it it will go to the government (I'm 70).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?