Well done Quiet PC

eikonuj 00:53 03 Jan 2011

On 5th December my sons PC PSU (Zalman ZM600) decided to play up, I called Quiet PC to enquire about the two year warranty. I was informed I had about two months to go and they sent me an RMA no.
I posted the faulty one on 6th Dec. and the replacement arrived on 14th Dec. - brand new with a further 2 years warranty.
With the christmas post and weather - an outstanding effort.
I will definitely buy from them again.

Rayuk 10:38 03 Jan 2011

I think you may find the warranty is for the remaining 2 months on the original not 2 years on the replacement,that is how it normally works

OTT_B 10:57 03 Jan 2011

Rayuk,
if it is Zalman who supply the warranty (which it probably is), then there's no reason why it shouldn't get a 'new' 2 year warranty. The product is, afterall, new.

eikonuj: just for interests sake, how do you find the length of the cables on your PSU? Also, what case do you have? I ask because the 2 Zalman PSUs I've dealt with in the past, had cable lengths that were woefully short for using in tower cases where the PSU is mounted at the bottom.

Rayuk 16:42 03 Jan 2011

On checking Quiet pc website it states this psu has a 3 year warranty the 2 year is for the 400watt psu.
OTT_B
The replacement is a new one but warranty is for the original psu this happens with Corsair Enermax and other high end makers I have dealt with in the past.

eikonuj 18:14 04 Jan 2011

Rayuk - you are correct, the warranty is for the remainder of the 3 year warranty (not 2 as previously stated) i.e. about 14 months.

OTT_B - the cables are ok for a Xilence X1 case (Quiet PC) no problems at all.

Apologies for late response , the cricket has made me nocturnal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?