Well done Amazon ...

Technotiger 22:32 19 Apr 2008

Yesterday morning, Fri 18 Apr 08 I contacted Amazon via their web-site to arrange return of a defective (recently purchased) QuickCam Pro9000. Within minutes of printing their on-line form for return of the goods, I had received an email from Amazon saying that I would have a replacement by Mon 21st April. I had another email from Amazon a few minutes later to inform me that the replacement had been despatched.

I received my replacement QuickCam Pro900 this morning Sat 19 Apr 08 by Royal Mail. Shortly after that, it was up and running perfectly. Less than 24 hours from start to finish.

Now that's what I call Service !! With thanks also to Royal Mail.

Technotiger 22:34 19 Apr 2008

My second Pro900 above, should of course read - Pro9000.

spuds 11:31 20 Apr 2008

I use Amazon on a weekly basis, mainly for Market Pace cd sales. Never failed me yet in any deal transactions or queries. Pity some other companies cannot offer a similar customer service attitude.

Did they arrange collection at the same time, and possibly by the same driver!.

Technotiger 12:43 20 Apr 2008

No, I returned the faulty camera by post, Free using the printed label. Which is all the more remarkable because they sent the replacement even before they had received the original one back.

spuds 13:01 20 Apr 2008

The reason that I asked the question, was due to the fact that I returned an item once, using the same pre-paid system. The delivery driver accepted the returns and gave me a receipt for it. Saved a journey to the post office, so making an even better feeling of customer satisfaction;o)

Stuartli 14:28 20 Apr 2008

Amazon is, along with Crucial, one of THE online benchmarks for its all round level of customer service.

reikigal 12:19 21 Apr 2008

I purchased an item on mar 12 08 and it no longer works how do you contact amazon directly about an exchange I just keep getting the run around

Technotiger 14:58 21 Apr 2008

Hi, go to their site and click on Help, you should then see how to make returns. Do it all yourself on-line, very easy and quick.

As above, mine was completed with replacement in my hand, all in less than 24Hrs!

Technotiger 14:59 21 Apr 2008

PS - simply explain the problem, and ask for a Replacement!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?