Weight of coins

Graham. 10:39 16 Oct 2007

I'm counting and bagging up coins collected for a charity. As a double check, I would like to weigh each bag with digital kitchen scales. What should each bag weigh? (eg. £1 of 1p)

GANDALF <|:-)> 10:57 16 Oct 2007

click here
the weights are a third of the way down.

G

spuds 13:01 16 Oct 2007

Are you using your own bags, or those provided by a bank. Would also mention that a neighbour who doe's a lot of charity work and collection of money, had a problem early this year, after a Christmas collection. The bank refused to credit the charity account 'until' the coins were checked. Apparently there were a number of forged coins in circulation at the time.

Graham. 13:04 16 Oct 2007

Thanks, I can work with those figures. £1 of 1p=356g, £1 of 2p=356.5g, etc.

Graham. 13:12 16 Oct 2007

Quite right. These are relatively small amounts which I sort initially using a £10 machine from a hardware store.

The larger amounts go in the supermarket machines. They seem to be more fussy, they reject Euros and cents.

lisa02 15:15 16 Oct 2007

Fake coins. I have been getting fake £1 ones on an almost daily basis. They are seriously on the increase IMO. The biggest give away is the poorly done inscription round the edge of the coin.

I cut one to see what it was like and it was 2 penny coins coated in a crappy metal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?