web-to-page software

Dannyb 19:22 06 Aug 2004

I recently read an article in a magazine that Epson had introduced a new bit of software with one of their new printers called "web-to-page" which would ensure that when printing from a website everything seen on the screen would also appear on the printed page. Does anybody know if there is any such software that can be found to do the same job which I could buy, or, preferably, download for free. It would be nice not to have the edges of pages lost when printed.
I can find very little mention of that particular software on the Epson website and there certainly doesn't seem to be an option to purchase just the software.

Falkyrn 00:35 07 Aug 2004

I don't know about the epson software but if you are prepared to change your browser Firefox from mozilla provides the option to shrink or adjust web printing to the paper size available.

click here

Forum Editor 08:32 07 Aug 2004

for this problem is to instal a PDF program. You can get various applications quite reasonably, or there's a good free one

click here

When you install any PDF application a new virtual printer is installed by default. When you're on the web page you want, just select File/print and send the page to your PDF printer - you'll get the entire page, just as it looked on the web.

Falkyrn 18:21 07 Aug 2004

red faced ..... I use pdf files on a regular basis and I forgot this option .....

These "senior moments" are getting too frequent :-)

Dannyb 18:27 07 Aug 2004

Thanks a lot chaps/chapesses. I didn't realise it would have been so easy.

SEASHANTY 19:44 07 Aug 2004

^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?