web design software, which one?

rickf 22:02 22 Mar 2010

HI,
I am going to build a website for myself. Can anyone recommend an easy wysiwyg bundle or anything similar which does not require knowledge of html programming. I just want a simple site to advertise my services which would include a few photos. Thanks

Proclaimer 22:16 22 Mar 2010

from serif for £9.99 click here

rickf 22:25 22 Mar 2010

Thanks, this looks interesting with 3 months free hosting and then £2.99/month after

click here
or Serif X2 professional
Any good, anyone?

wee eddie 09:13 23 Mar 2010

There was a 'free' copy of 'Net Objects Fusion'.

It has been consistently, well, reviewed over the years but I am not able to comment on how it compares to other software.

Proclaimer 15:38 23 Mar 2010

and it is not vastly superior to 10. If you are going to spend in the region of £50.00 then then webplus X4 is out and Serif could be bargained with if you call them.

If you do call them, plead poverty until they crash the price :P

The templates in the Serif Software are a great starting point for any novice.

beynac 16:14 23 Mar 2010

This one is free and is fairly simple to use. I haven't tried it fully (I've only played with it), but it could be worth a go.

click here

chub_tor 16:23 23 Mar 2010

I've just bought Serif Webplus X2 for £9.99, it's worth calling them to see if it is still available.

spuds 19:31 23 Mar 2010

You could try click here and WebPlus, then go onto better things!.

rickf 20:18 23 Mar 2010

Thanks everyone for your contribution so far. I am still waitingfor Diesee's response re Webeasy Platinium. Apparently, he has experience of this bundle and thinks quite highly of it.
Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017