Watford Disappointing

Elrond 16:21 17 Oct 2003

Just taken delivery of the Laptop I ordered on Saturday and have already arranged the return. I cant believe it. The model is advertised as having a 30GB HDD which it didnt, it actually has only 20GB. So I didnt get to even turn it on. I phoned them up straight away spending 15mins in the queue at position 1. Finally got through. A nice and polite lady I spoke to but I dont think she understood. I told her the problem, she put me on hold came back and told me to phone acer tech support. She suggested that they may be able to fix my HDD over the phone(I didnt know technology was evolving that fast). It took me 5 mins or so to get her to realise it wasnt Acer's problem to deal with, as after checking the acer web I found that there model description states a 20GB HDD so most definately watford's fault. She then proceeded to sort a return's number. I still dont think watford have fully understood the problem as they will, after receiving the return, investigate to see if the manufacturer will sort a 30GB HDD. Which I am guessing Acer will not do as their model is for 20GB only, and am sure they wont take time out to fix one Laptop with something they dont specify. Watford say if they cant arrange this they will advise otherwise. Should I order another laptop from elsewhere now?

Elrond 16:48 17 Oct 2003

After surfing around a couple more companies I found CCL Computers sell the exact same model and also advertise it as having 30GB HDD. So I foned them to enquire and they are going to fone acer and see what's going on. There was me thinking it was probably watford's fault when there may have been some misinformation supplied from acer's end. Hopefully things can get corrected and there wont be others ordering something expecting a 30GB HDD when its only 20GB, and ultimately being disappointed. Plot thickens and I shall let you know how thick.

Elrond 17:29 17 Oct 2003

The now, very nice peopl at watford, just foned me back to offer £40 off what I was paying instead of returning, thus are sending me a cheque for the said amount. Very nice of them, I thought and to me a good sign of a good company.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?