Waste of time ??? Not really

rawprawn 15:59 26 Jun 2008

As some of you know I took my laptop back to John Lewis (Cheadle)to be repaired because of a space bar fault, before going on holiday.
Well I have got it back and they said no fault was found. The good news is the fault has disappeared. It must have been a hardware fault in the keyboard which resolved itself when I took it in, perhaps the jiggling about moving it from Yorkshire to Cheshire.
Any ideas?
PS. John Lewis have been very helpful

jack 17:25 26 Jun 2008

Years ago of course- a RR ceased to go in deepest rural France.
The local Garage could not fix, so contact RR in the UK.
They flew out a man with the necessary parts tools and know how- an low the RR was once more mobile.

Later on enquiring about the bill - RR denied all knowledge.
'Oh no sir' they said 'That could not be, our cars never breakdown'

interzone55 17:30 26 Jun 2008

When I worked in PC repair a pretty high percentage were no fault found.

The PCs in for repair would be on racks at the ends of the benches and repair techs in the know would look for PCs where the PSU switch was in the off position, as this would almost always be the only thing wrong with it...

rawprawn 17:30 26 Jun 2008

Nice story, fortunately mine was under gaurantee, I doubt that John Lewis would be that good :-)

Mr Mistoffelees 17:43 26 Jun 2008

Years ago, if a broken down RR needed to be taken to a garage, it would be loaded on the back of the truck and then covered so that it would not be seen.

rdave13 23:59 26 Jun 2008

Another favourite with RR tales. Customer enquiring of the horsepower of a 'silver cloud'.
Answer..'sufficient sir'.

rdave13 00:05 27 Jun 2008

No idea why it fixed itself but I know what to do if I get a problem with my laptop's keyboard in future, I will jiggle it..

rawprawn 07:13 27 Jun 2008

I seem to give top secret repair solutions all the time :--)

jack 10:18 27 Jun 2008

Yus
You cant beat a good Jiggle to resolve all sorts of mishaps
And not only computers ;-}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?