Warning - pbsoftware.co.uk

Forum Editor 19:15 02 Sep 2009

Regular forum visitors will recall that there have been complaints about a company called PB Software.

One forum member mentioned that the company was offering Adobe software at very much reduced prices - so low that it seemed impossible for the items to be genuine.

I promised to contact Adobe, and this is to let you all know that I have now received a response direct from Adobe's anti-piracy enforcement manager in San Franciso. He confirms that the company is not an authorised Adobe reseller, and he goes on to say that he has received many similar complaints.

Worth remembering if you are tempted to buy software at a price that looks too good to be true.

skidzy 19:54 02 Sep 2009

I had a thread running within the last year asking similar questions (not looked for the thread) and if anyone could verify the authenticity of the web site.

The software i was interested in, was Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop editions.
For example, a certain company was selling Lightroom 2 for £40 when the retail price is around the £200 mark.

As we all know deep down, if its to good to be true.......it normally is !!

Thanks for the heads up Peter.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?