wanted - good lightweight laptop please

jarani 22:12 17 Jan 2008

wanted - good lightweight laptop please
make and model if possible
for a teenage granddaughter to lug arround
the school - ja

Kemistri 22:28 17 Jan 2008

click here but your last sentence makes me think that a lightweight notebook is perhaps not the best choice for an environment in which something more durable might be wise.

jarani 00:17 18 Jan 2008

Kemistri - thank you for the link - very useful - ja

paul€ 10:04 18 Jan 2008

Have a look at one of these for £220. click here
We picked one up and it's great. Runs linux but you can put windows on. It's very fast to load and comes with just about everything.:)

jarani 12:56 18 Jan 2008

paul - thanks, but is this a bridge too far
a very interesting solution which we will look at
the report and comments also very instructive - ja

shellship 16:26 18 Jan 2008

My wife has just taken delivery of her Asus EE (late Christmas present but they were in short supply because of the demand. You would not know it was Linux except there is nowt like Outlook Express and you have to access your email through your ISP's website. She loves it and the learning curve is pretty short. You do need smaller fingers than mine, though!

shellship 17:39 18 Jan 2008

Error in last posting - on reading further through the manual I see that it has Mozilla Thunderbird email client, allegedly better than OE anyway.

venkyb 14:48 17 May 2008

Please check out click here for useful information on the subject.

jarani 23:27 18 May 2008

venkyb & shellship - many thanks for your contribution - venkyb link particularly useful - I have now bought Dell XPS M1330 - it was a first suggestion - it looks very promising and seems a good value for what it offers - thank you all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?