Want to buy a new computer, my laptop is aging!

AL47 23:04 24 Oct 2009

i have been out of the hardware circle for a while, [laptop for years so no point] bit now my laptop is having serious cooling issues [cant figure out why] in games it now turns off due to over heating and has to clock down the CPU due to over heating :/ cant see any obvious dust neither

anyway is there a decent pc around for around £500 [or one i can build to approx that price] which includes a good CPU and motherboard, [im not even sure what processors are good now [i7?] ram is irrelavent cause its easily upgraded, as is HDD space.

the most important part is graphics.. id like to be able to hook up 2 or 3 monitors, at full HD resolution, [my laptop can do its and another] if the computer in question came with a dell 2407wfp thatd be perfect,

is it possible for the price?

rdave13 23:16 24 Oct 2009

Don't really know for a laptop. As for 500 squids a desktop will offer a better solution.
A company with quite a good reputation on these forums is Cougar Extreme.

AL47 15:29 25 Oct 2009

after adding in pieces it came to quite a bit on there, i may go for one on an ebay shop

any opinions on processors and graphics cards in particular? [esp multi monitor graphics

Loopy2 12:35 27 Oct 2009

Al47

Look into Cube247 - i have bought from them and was mega impressed. great system, great sales and great support.

If your wanting 3 monitors i know they have a couple of systems advertised with multiple monitors and you can always upgrade the system to your specification. If the upgrades are not avaliable on their website its worth giving them a call to see what they can do - thats what i did cause i knew exactly what components i wanted and although they didnt advertise them, they ordered them in.

Let me know how you get on! I was looking to buy their hercules system which is one with 3 monitor, however i decided not to so would be good to get some feedback if you do decide to purchase from them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?