wanadoo wireless livebox

ghosteh 21:36 07 Nov 2004

i have my main computer connected with wanadoo adapter wirelessly but my wireless laptop willnot connect wanadoo helpline say you have to switch your laptop wireless card off but cannot tell you how to do it. i think any other equipment not supplied by wanadoo is not compatible can anyone help to get my laptop to work?

TomJerry 22:16 07 Nov 2004

There should be a hot key for this, check you laptop's manual. If you cannot find the manual, click "My Conmputer", "Control Panel", "System" "Hardware Device", find wireless adaptor, right click then you can swtich it on/off.

This is not the main problem. You need to get into set up of your Router (LiveBox in this case). Router shold be setted up with "MAC Address Filtering", otherwise everyone in your street can access your router. It means it only allows certain device connect with it. Now you need to find MAC address on your laptop and add into the list. You also need to put wireless network's SSID into you laptop's wireless setup. If the router use encryption, laptop should be set up to use the same encryption key.

Clear now? Maybe not, just do one thing at a time.

ghosteh 10:09 09 Nov 2004

thanks tomjerryfor reply my laptop nows wanadoo network is available when you do a search a box comes up with a padlock meanining you have to enter the same wep key i tried this but still no good other forums report same problem ithink the only solution is to buy their wireless card to plug in my wireless laptop

schlingel1 11:29 09 Nov 2004

Double click the Wanadoo Configuration on Desktop & enter "admin" without the hyphens as user & password this will open the configuration then untick the WEP code & see what happens. It worked on my laptop ??. Just as a matter of interest !..... you did run the Wanadoo setup CD on your laptop & ran the "Add another computer" didn't you.

TomJerry 12:18 09 Nov 2004

when you do set up, quit any firewall software (e.g. Zonealarm, Norton Internet Security). Once setup done, you can run firewall software again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?