A wait too long?

Arnie 12:40 17 Apr 2007

Recently I ordered the following cartridges from Choice Supplies Ltd, (Choice Stationery).

HP339 Black Inkjet Print Cart 21ml - £15.99
HP344 Tri Col Inkjet Print Cart 14ml - £17.99
There was a 10% discount by entering a voucher number making the total cost £30.58.

I am not complaining about the cost of the goods, but the time it’s now taking for them to arrive is ridiculous.
If anyone is in urgent need of replacement carts and time is of the essence, then please note:

The following is an abridged version of my e-mails received.

Subject: Thank You for Your Choice Stationery Order
Date: 06 April 2007 12:00

Subject: Your Order Acknowledgment
06 April 2007 16:55
Thank you for placing an order with Choice Stationery Supplies. We have received your order and it is currently being processed.
Choice Supplies Ltd
ODF House, Longueville Road, St Saviour, Jersey, JE1 0DF

Subject: Update on your order
10 April 2007 15:36
We are pleased to confirm the items which were placed on back order previously have now come into stock, and your order has been given priority to the next stage.
Thank you for your patience.

Subject: Your Shipment Advice
Date: 12 April 2007 17:52
We are pleased to confirm that your order has now left our warehouse and is on its way to you……

They were delivered with the morning post on 16 April 2007.

Compare this to their next day service that was previously on offer .
To some people the VAT saving is maybe not worth the wait.

Arnie.

HondaMan 13:41 17 Apr 2007

doesn't seem too bad. I've been waiting for a printer trolley since 27th March!

spuds 13:50 17 Apr 2007

You are not the first to complain about poor service from Choice since their move to Jersey. There were a number of postings about problems, and Choice responded by supplying a direct email link to their managing director. They also stated that they were having a meeting with the Jersey Postal Service, so as to improve first class deliveries.But if you are short of stock, how can you deliver goods that are on back order!.

VAT savings?.

Monument 13:57 17 Apr 2007

You ordered on Good Friday - received an acknowedgement on the first working day after the bank holiday - dfoes not seems that bad.

wee eddie 14:07 17 Apr 2007

Ordered Thursday late > Delivered Monday

choicestationery 19:19 17 Apr 2007

Hi

Thank you for your posts.

Arnie, the order that you placed on 6th April was unfortunately out of stock when you ordered, and this was confirmed in your email.

On the 10th the items came in to stock late evening, and your order was packed and shipped on the 12th.

All confirmed by email (but not shown above).

I agree we did have issues when we moved however these are all sorted now and orders are being recieved within 48 hours again.

As per normal please feel free to contact me directly with any issues [email protected] and I will be happy to assist.

Arnie 19:32 17 Apr 2007

"VAT savings?."

They dispatch from Jersey. No VAT is payable if the items are under £18 and each sent separately.

The parcels are then passed through the customs.

Arnie 19:37 17 Apr 2007

I will still use Choice if the items are priced competitively. However I will make sure I do not need them poste haste.

Arnie.

Taff™ 23:11 17 Apr 2007

I originated the post referred to by spuds and when Choice moved their warehouse to Jersey the postal service let them down badly. With Paul`s assistance my missing items were resent and I`m pleased to say took 2 working days to arrive from the notification of despatch.

We`ll leave the VAT savings issue alone! Cheers Paul!

BT 08:36 18 Apr 2007

I haven't ordered from Choice since their move to Jersey, but as previuosly mentioned its probably the postal service that was at fault. Having said that I frequently get stuff from 7Dayshop and Play.com both based in Jersey. and often get stuff within a couple of days, so hopefully it was just an initial problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?