Vodaphone 121 service

Rogel 09:37 08 Mar 2015

I recently went on holiday to Sri Lanka and had my iphone4 on aircraft mode. I needed to make a phone call so switched it on. When I got home and got the bill it shows that once I finished the call then 121 was called for 30 minutes there were then two more calls immediately after this finished again to 121 and again for 30 minutes . The next call made was again to 121 but only lasted a few minutes I can only assume this is when I switched the phone back to aircraft mode. I cud make the phone call but when it finished I never dialled the answerphone service. Why would I for over 1.5 hours the phone is for emergencys and is rarely used. Can someone explain what has happened , how do I stop it happening again as I never dialled 121 and now have a huge bill.

Forum Editor 16:08 09 Mar 2015

It's not unknown for an iPhone to dial calls by itself. If that's what has happened there is not much you can do about the bill - your service provider has the details, and will expect to be paid. You could try talking to them, but I wouldn't hold your breath.

Next time you fly, turn your phone off, rather than enabling aircraft mode.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Intel Coffee Lake release date and specifications

12 Amazing British Craft Beer Label Designs

watchOS 4 review

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017