VODAFONE mobile IRELAND WEBSITE IS THE P*TS

SANAP 01:04 23 Sep 2010

I moved from 02 to Vodafone mobile recently and the deal was if you top up by 20 euro p/m you get free calls and texts to other mobiles on same network. The big snag is I am remote so use the internet for everything and to top up I would log on etc. The problem is that VF mobile website is a disgrace but when I complain I get no joy, its usaully we are looking into it, try later, change your browser, must be your fault. These are the kind of issues, it says you are using wrong password when I am not, it fails to load page, it says I have exhausted my attempts and logs me off, in fact the list is endless. I have reached the stage of no return but what bugs me is How can a company the size of Vodafone allow such a poor website to be live. Its been bad since last November 09!!! The complaints are numerous. I have not topped up for 3 months so they are in effect losing money. They are however depriving me of free texts as I cant log on!

Have I any recourse?

sanap

ps I hope someone from Vodafone UK reads this and offers a valid explantaion or gets some action.

[email protected] 03:45 23 Sep 2010

I find the UK Vodafone website to be very slow too.

The speed is fine if you visit the site just normally to browse, but once you log in and start accessing your personal data it just grinds to a halt.

I've given checking my online bills. I just trust it to be correct.

As a solution perhaps, can't you top up over the phone? I used to some time ago with O2 when I was using a Pay As You Go SIM card. It was an automated service where I just keyed in my card details.

SANAP 20:58 24 Sep 2010

thanks for reply and I thought it was Irish VF only so must be a major hitch somewhere. I am so used to doing things online I actually forget the other methods but far from shops etc. In the end I rang CS and they actually admitted the website was troublesome. I got topped up using cc. The point is I was doing 20 per month and getting free calls to same networks and free texts but because I did not top up last month I was automatically switched back to paying for all calls and texts. A nightmare.

sanap

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?