Vodafone On-Line Ordering

Ex plorer 13:33 05 Jun 2011

Hi I ordered a Samsung phone via Vodafone on line; it arrived next working day but…. The sim turned out to be faulty, I rang Vodafone and they did try to help but poorly.

I was given a number to order a new sim and told it would take ten days to three weeks for it to arrive. To cut a long story short I ordered one of ebay took three days. Ok it cost £3.50. (It did take three weeks for the new sim to arrive by post but why that long.)

My brother was impressed with the Samsung phone. His 65 birthday was in a few days so I ordered one through Vodafone on line site again. Emailed me and thanked me for my order. Two days later email from VF to say order number for phone was wrong please reorder or I had the option to just leave it at that as no money had been removed from my account.

I went back on VF site and a pop-up chat appeared asking if they could help I asked if the Sam-Sung phone was in stock before placing an order and was told yes.

Replacing the order I got the automatic VF thank you for Order confirmation. Following day VF emailed to say out of stock and said it May take up to a month before delivery. I checked on the site and the Samsung phone was no longer on display.

With three days left to my brother’s birthday I ordered the same phone from ebay and paid 4.99 more for it but it came on the day of his birthday.

Thinking ahead I left the one ordered with VF as a birthday was again looming and my son wanted a new mobile phone and that was over four weeks away.

After four weeks I decided to cancel and it took a further three emails and three days to do it and get my money back.

They wanted to know the order number and my Postcode. (Wouldn’t they have had that?)

In the mean time I had the chance to go to Leeds and I bought one in VF shop. I went to three other shops O2, Carphoneware House, Fones 4u, where the same phone was selling at slightly varying prices so what was VF on line shopping site playing at.

I cant pop to a VF out let as I live out in the sticks and the extra I paid for the items on Ebay would be cheaper than 44 mile round trip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?