vista to windows 7 offer

polzyboy 18:43 05 Sep 2009

having recently purchased a refurb PC from Dixons web site i tried to register for an upgrade to windows 7 as promised on the PC information page .
This was not possible so i contacted Packard Bell the makers who told me my problem lay with Dixons tech guys.
i contacted them and they said they could not understand why i was having trouble and even suggested a solution while they passed the problem on to head office (did not work).
today i received ananswer phone message stating no upgrade is available on refurb PC's(despite the advert ,this is still offered online on some units in the refurb PC section).
although i am happy with my purchase one of the reasons for choosing this product was the upgrade offered.
I feel this is unjust and false advertising
so anyone looking at this sort of deal beware.
This is reputable firm who i have delt with for years with no complaint i will think twice before using them again.
i am awaiting an opinion from consumer direct on this purchase

Quiet Life 22:58 05 Sep 2009

Clearly you can return it for a refund as it is not as advertised.
If you tell Dixons that this is what you now propose to do perhaps they will come up with a solution in which they will send you a W7 disc.
It could be that they would rather refund but somehow I doubt it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?