Vista Compatible Joystick

TyphonUk 12:28 26 May 2007

I've recently purchased a vista PC and I'm looking to buy a joystick for gaming. Are there any mid price joysticks that are compatible with vista or am I able to use an xp joystick?

Thanks in advance.

xania 10:52 27 May 2007

Just doen a quick survey - logged on to Ebay and searched all 277 Joysticks currently on offer. Not one mentions Vista. I think you will have to be patience a little longer.

TyphonUk 11:59 27 May 2007

Ok thank you for your help xania

Sethhaniel 20:24 21 Jun 2007

any luck yet

trying to get a wingman extreme 3d to wok on vista but no luck so far
had to get a 15 pin adaptor to USB to satrt with says it is installing drivers and in contro panel says its working - but it isn't - not a response from the stick at all

any ideas??

BioBob 22:29 21 Jun 2007

I got a cheap one from Trust - its USB and worked straight off. Also the old Microsoft Sidewinder with feedback works well - one of the guys has it at work (and he runs the Vista 64bit version, origial release of Vista Premium).

I see Saitek have now brought out their drivers click here(some posh Joysticks from them on Amazon click here ).

BioBob 21:42 22 Jun 2007

Just got home and had a look at that joystick; its not the most elaborate one in the world. Full details are Trust Joystick GM-2300 (Predator) click here. I think I got it from Amazon..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?