Virgin.net Service / Quality

Has anyone noticed apart from me, that the service provided is less than poor, with dropped connections and always on broadband not being on over the last 2 months or is it just my connection

[email protected]

SANTOS7 22:42 04 Aug 2006

been with virgin couple of years now never had a problem,just been upgraded to their 8meg connection,
am getting 4meg for now untill line is fully up to speed and all connections constant, no reduction or dropping off.
as for it not being on over last two months, not so,
so you may need to look at your settings..

beeuuem 00:18 05 Aug 2006

I have had problems with speeds since upgrading to Plan2. It eventually stabilised at about 1.8Mbps.
After many emails and letters a technician 'phoned yesterday who agreed that I should be getting better speeds. He did run several tests over the two hours the call lasted but couldn't see anything obvious. It seeems that I am not the only one to complain so maybe the problems are being looked at.

Today the speed has increased dramatically. Although click here gives speeds varying from 606 -2077 kbps Speakeasy says it is 6200kbps and files are downloading at around 660kbps. That I can live with!

packettracer 12:27 05 Aug 2006

Have been a virgin.net customer for 8 years & on broadband for just over 16 months. Service fine until recently when we went from 2MB to 4MB.

Got the useal waffle from virgin & sometimes difficult to connect up first thing in the day.

But overall i'm happy with the service i get from virgin.

busylizzieb 15:39 07 Aug 2006

I'm afraid I am really fedup with Virgin net and pleased to see that it's not just me that can't get online with their broadband package. I am on plan 2 and have been since January of this year but since approximately May I have had nothibg but trouble with it. I can't collect my email from outlook it says my password or user name are incorrect, which is pure rubbish, it refusses to return packets it drops the line constantly. When I email them they just say it must be my router or a bt fault ..... never their fault. I'm considering changing my ISP but are they all the same?

Stuartli 16:53 07 Aug 2006

Ntl supplies Virgin's BB service i.e. Virgin.net is a Virtual ISP and has done so for at least three to four years.

As most will know, Ntl has now fully taken over Virgin.net.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017