Virgin Media...ongoing lag headache...

SpyMan {:o){--< 08:23 29 Dec 2007

I have suffered from crippling lag and very high pings when playing World of Warcraft.

I have done several tests and the cause appears to be at the virgin media end. Also, according to what i have read on forums....i am far from alone on these problems.

I also experience poor connection quality when playing on my Xbox360.

I tried to ring virgin technical support but my mobile network doesn't allow calls to premium rate numbers and as i don't have a home phone i am pretty stuck. Most mobile networks don't allow calls to these numbers either as i have also tried my friends/families.

So i tried to email technical support but all i get from them is pre-written replies apologising for my poor download speeds...but that is not the issue!

I have sent technical information regarding the lag, which took me an hour to compile. Only to be replied with the same message as last time.

I have tried wording my emails strongly, but all i get is apologies and no suggestions of how to fix it or even admission of a fault.

What can i do?

I am still in a contract with them and even then, it would cost me £125 to connect to BT along with extra charges every month.

spuds 19:39 29 Dec 2007

Perhaps one of these may have the way forward!
click here
click here
click here
click here

Arnie 13:43 01 Jan 2008

To contact Virgin Media on your mobile phone, you will need to call the Head office 01256 752000 and ask for customer concern.

I have just rung this number to see if it is active.

I received a recorded message explaining that the office is closed today.
Presumably Virgin Media are still closed for their holiday period.

I would try ringing them tomorrow to see if they are back to normal.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse's new logo: the trainer brand looks to its heritage for a fresh identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans échec ?