Virgin media... how much webspace?

Simsy 18:05 26 Jun 2010

Folks,

I think I'm about to change to a cable package with Virgin. I spoke to a salesman at a local shopping centre and had all my questions answered... I haven't yet signed up though...

Subsequently I realised that I hadn't asked about whether, and how much, webspace is part of the package. I can't find anything on the site, so I range him back...

He was a little unsure and said he call me back shortly, which he did, and said it was 55Mb.

Now though he should now, I'm inclined to doubt this, for two reasons; 1) He didn't seem very certain about it, even when he rang back. (In fact he didn't know what I meant by "webspace" at first!), and 2) This seems a strange, and small(?) figure.
(Not that I have a website that huge... but sometimes I use it as a way of distributing big files to folk)

Can anyone out there using Virgin for their broadband please confirm/advise what sort of space they have?

The package is the basic one, 10M Bband, basic phone and basic TV package.

I realise I can probably haggle for more without much effort, just wondered what the "norm" is.

Thanks in anticipation,

Regards,

Simsy

tullie 20:21 26 Jun 2010

I dont know what you mean by webspace,but there are plenty of websites that allow you to upload files,and send the link to your friends.

Simsy 22:11 26 Jun 2010

I know that, but I have a little website, as well, for personal use.

Thanks anyway...

Any Virgin users have the answer?

Thanks,

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 22:22 26 Jun 2010

I've eventually found the answer on their site;

"As a Virgin Media customer you're entitled to 200MB of plain webspace completely free of charge within which to create your own website."

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Aardman's new YouTube channel to share the work of independent animators

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017