Virgin Media Broadband

The Brigadier 16:08 05 Dec 2008

Never before have i dealt with a company that blames just about everything else for it's poor performance in offering us a decent broadband service.

For the last 2 months our connection (ADSL/phone line) is lost mid afternoon & this has been put down by Virgin to the central heating going on, a light switch/s being used, pc interference, rain on the line (if it was BR it would be leaves), BT overloading the exchange & even low flying aircraft.

Technical support have offered 6 different reasons for the drop in the connection.
And now we sadly seem moving to another ISP provider after 11+ years with Virgin our only option to get internet access all the time.

We wonder if Virgin care about loosing a valued customer?

beeuuem 17:42 05 Dec 2008

No, they are not. I was with them for a few years and they just don't seem to care about the quality of service.

RobCharles1981 19:25 07 Dec 2008

The Brigadier

I wouldn't blame you for leaving Virgin Media ADSL Broabdband.

A few years back I tried it for just over a week it was perthetic I was spose to be paying 8 meg but was getting like 56k Dialup speeds.

I then went back to AOL for a few months and though enough was enough and left AOL.

I'm a member of the click here website forum who are the experts in broadband advice.

I'm now with Entanet (ADSL24) was with Falconnet for about 7 - 8 months untill they went "bust"

For a new broadband service there are lots to consider but can you go here click here and post back what you can get in your exchange?

Also how do you connect what modem or router do you have I can tell you how you can obtain your line stats.

Good Luck

Rob

The Brigadier 22:22 07 Dec 2008

We are moving to Sky BB on Thursday.
It can not be any worse than Virgin!

RobCharles1981 23:04 07 Dec 2008

You will do well with sky what are your line stats ???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?