Virgin Media

v1asco 15:15 18 Nov 2009

I live in a walled apartment complex, consisting of over 900 apartments in over 20 blocks. It took 7 yrs to build and progressively the standards on each block were raised to reflect the times. eg storage heaters replaced by underfloor heating.

Earlier blocks are fitted with Virgin Fibre Optic cable.

I tried to find out if my block, 2 yrs old is. It certainly has enough sockets in the wall for aerial outputs.

Using the post code search it comes up as negative. However, my post code causes loads of problems, from financial institutions and all sorts some say my apartment does not exist others different address. Basically because through some anomaly I have 3 different addresses, though I only use the one Royal Mail show with their finder.

Knowing this, and feeling in my waters that we probably do have Virgin I have tried phoning them to see if they could use my address to check connectivity. No on that one. So I emailed their help line, which instead of helping told me to phone or email elsewhere. I pointed out that as I said in my previous email this has been done and not helped, please help me. They then sent an almost identical email back, obviously not reading my reply. So they got another one re-iterating my dilemma. Now I have got a reply saying they the same as the original.

They have now been told that they have lost a load of potential customers as I was going to spread the word if we were cabled.

What is the point of having a help line when all they do is send you to the wrong places? Surely they could have contacted another department and have then contact me, or give me the answer?

In the meantime I am also waiting to see if the Managers of the estate know, not holding my breath there. They are notoriously slow. Then if I am, how will I persuade Virgin?

birdface 15:57 18 Nov 2009

Are you cabled for Virginmedia or just a Digital arial.

v1asco 21:32 18 Nov 2009

Got piped digital, sattellitee and other. Trying to find out if it is virgin but they can't tell me.

birdface 22:43 18 Nov 2009

Try putting your postcode in the space.see what it comes up with.

click here

BRYNIT 22:58 18 Nov 2009

If you have piped digital and satellite/sky the odd are you will not have virgin media. I don't think it would have been cost-effective to install both.

v1asco 07:45 19 Nov 2009

BUTEMAN, thanks for the info, already done that. it is more than likely the post code that is at fault, as I have tried to explain in my first post.
I was posting to show the helpline 'quality'.

BRYNIT The virgin apartments on the estate also have sattellite.

Perhaps if I visit the Virgin store and speak to a Brit I'll have more luck.

v1asco 08:57 28 Nov 2009

So I took a trip into the store and after a long time the assistants there could not help either.

Though they though my address rang a bell about something.

I was given another number to call, a local technician, he has not replied.

So, it looks as if Sky is the way at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

See mcbess's iconic style animated for Mercedes-Benz

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires