Virgin Media

Zero G 17:56 26 Mar 2007

Just found my home broadband package is still the same speed but now uncapped except i must however follow these instructions!

F. Acceptable Use Policy

When using the Service or accessing the Site, you will not:
1.commit or encourage a criminal offence;
2.send proactively, receive, upload, download, use or re-use any information or material which is offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, or in breach of confidence, copyright, privacy or any other rights;
3.do anything which is contrary to the acceptable use policies of any connected networks and Internet standards;
4.insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus;
5.seek unauthorised entry into back office;
6.hack into any aspect of the Service;
7.corrupt data;
8.circumvent, or attempt to seek to circumvent, any of the security safeguards of Virgin Media or any of its suppliers;
9.use the Service to cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety to subscribers or others;
10.use any domain name or mailbox name so as to infringe upon the rights of any other person whether in statute or common law, in a corresponding trade mark or name;
11.send or provide any unsolicited advertising or other promotional material, commonly referred to as "spam" by email, webmail or by any other electronic means;
12.send email or any other type of electronic message with the intention or result of affecting the performance or functionality of any computer facilities;
13.hold Virgin Media, Virgin Media Payments or any of its third party contractors liable in relation to the accuracy, reliability, availability and performance of resources accessed through the Internet which, you acknowledge, are beyond their control and are not in any way warranted or supported by Virgin Media, Virgin Media Payments or its third party contractors;
14.use the Service other than for your personal use, and you acknowledge that neither Virgin Media nor Virgin Media Payments shall in any way whatsoever be liable to you or to any third party for any business losses (including without limitation any loss of profits, business or anticipated savings or for any destruction of data) suffered in anyway whatsoever by you or any third party;
15.use the Service in a way that does not comply with the terms of any legislation or any licence applicable to you or that is in any way unlawful;
16.use the Service in any way which, in Virgin Media's opinion, is, or is likely to be, detrimental to the provision of the Service to any other Virgin Media customer. This includes, but is not limited to, running any application or program that places excessive bandwidth demands on the Service for continued periods; in these circumstances, we may have to temporarily suspend or disconnect the Service at our discretion. You will be notified in advance by email. Further information related to complying with our Acceptable Use Policy can also be found in the FAQs on our website. Visit our FAQs at the following address: click here. Virgin Media reserves the right to modify the FAQs at any time without prior notice and solely at our own discretion. Any changes will take effect when posted on the Site;
17.employ a misleading email address or name or falsify information in the header, footer, return path or any part of any communication, including without limitation any email transmitted through the Service;
18.directly or indirectly act or omit to act in any way which may infringe, damage or endanger any intellectual property rights (or any goodwill attaching thereto) which may now or in the future subsist in any part of the world of us or any third party;
19.impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
20.permit any third party to do any of the above.

Zero G 17:57 26 Mar 2007

Must go off to download a 2.4GB film;)

Monument 11:51 27 Mar 2007

...and your point is?

medicine hat 14:19 27 Mar 2007

How many people actually read these rules?

I'm intrigued by #2 - you can't send or receive any material which is offensive or abusive. Surely that covers most joke emails

Zero G 15:47 27 Mar 2007

Sorry forgot to add the reason why!
But 'medicine hat' has got the gist, how many people read the rules & what a user may send could be read by virgin as being not so!!

Tinseltop 33 16:22 27 Mar 2007

Setting up a new compuer for a friend they contacted Virgin to have Broadband installed only to be told that they have no plans to offer broadband to Vista users

Zero G 16:29 27 Mar 2007

I'm suprised at that, i thought with all the marketing virgin media have done in the last month they would offer their service to all MS users. But then again some parts of the service is going down hill - fast!

brianwc 16:49 27 Mar 2007

I am running Vista on my toshiba laptop connected to virgin media broadband. They do offer broadband to vista customers they just will not be supporting Vista until June-July of this year. Brian.

[email protected] 22:28 27 Mar 2007

Same here - running from a Vista laptop through Virgin Media.

I guess they don't support Linux either but that doesn't stop it working if you want to use it.

Monument 22:56 27 Mar 2007

Me too - running Vista with Virgin Media with no problem, no set up it just worked.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?